[SR-Users] Kamailio 5.x and Call_control module

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Sun Jun 30 11:55:38 CEST 2019

Hello Efelin,

I have added a note that the callcontrol application expect the MI interface and this is not available anymore in Kamailio to the module docs.

Cheers,

Henning

Am 27.06.19 um 11:27 schrieb Efelin Novak:
Hi Daniel,

so ag-projects (Call-control developer) said the Call-control python app is designed for MI and there is no plan to support anything else (http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2019-June/041235.html). So this makes this project unusable in Kamailio 5.x.

I have hacked call-control module to return something, so the Kamailio does not error, but this is just a hack, nothing production.

I humbly suggest to remove call-control from modules or at least write in documentation, that it does not support ag-projects applications anymore.

Anyway thanks for willingness to help

Kind regards

Efelin

st 26. 6. 2019 o 14:45 Efelin Novak <efelin.novak at gmail.com<mailto:efelin.novak at gmail.com>> napísal(a):
Hi Daniel,

thanks for a reply. No, the module is not using an MI. The Python application call-control is using the MI to end the calls using dlg_end_dlg. I see it like this: the communication from Kamailio to Call-control works, however the communication from Call-Control to Kamailio (I think this is only used to kill a call - http://callcontrol.ag-projects.com/images/prepaid-engine.png) does not. It is using an MI (CallControl -> Kamailio).

I understand this is not your problem (that is why I also post a message to the developer list), but call_control module without call-control application is useless (as far as I understand).

Is there any workaround how to turn the MI on or to have some interface separately, to do MI <-> JSON-RPC?

I want to switch to Evapi and CGRateS, however in a meanwhile I wanted to have both systems running simultaneously.

Again thanks

Efelin

st 26. 6. 2019 o 14:21 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com<mailto:miconda at gmail.com>> napísal(a):
Hello,

are you saying that the call_control module in kamailio is still using MI in version 5.2.x? The code related to MI was removed, should not be any use of it, can you point in the code where that happens? It can be migrated to RPC if is some raw MI operation ...