[SR-Users] TOPOS uid in contact param instead of username

* Paolo Visintin - evosip.cloud paolo.visintin at evosip.cloud
Tue Jun 25 23:48:16 CEST 2019

Hello Thomas,
In our experience I can confirm the same issue (we are using topos with
redis like you and we are econtiering some restrictions when dealing with
some carriers) .
 In my opinion this could be an interesting improvement that could be also
set using a modparam, for example .

Cheers,
Paolo

Il giorno mar 25 giu 2019 alle 15:06 Thomas Weber <thomas.weber at pascom.net>
ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> we're using topos/redis since some time and it's working quite well for
> most situations. It's used to route asterisk traffic to sip providers.
> Some providers, however, are validating the contact header strictly
> against i.e. the accounts username and so we have to disable topos by using
> event_route[topos:msg-sending].
>
> Now i'm wondering if it would be useful to other people to add a mode to
> topos where the topos uid is not forwarded as contact username but instead
> added as a contact uri param.
> So instead of e.g. Contact: <sip:btpsh-5abcdef5-374-1 at x.x.x.x:5060;transport=tcp>
> it would use Contact: <sip:+49...... at x.x.x.x
> :5060;transport=tcp;line=btpsh-5abcdef5-374-1>.
>
> What do you think? Would it make sense? Is it a lot of effort?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Thomas

*Paolo Visintin*
*CTO*