[SR-Users] Carrier Route installation Failed

Karsten Horsmann khorsmann at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 14:18:36 CEST 2019

Hi Amar,

That's an "package from distro vs package from 3rd party" issue / confusing
part I think.

For example here I install Kamailio from 3rd party Kamailio repo (Debian
not Ubuntu but the commands should be the same)

5.2.3 is from 3rd party.
This shows me that carrierroute.so is included in package Kamailio. So you
have it all ready.

karsten at debian:~$ dpkg -L kamailio | grep carrier
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kamailio/modules/carrierroute.so
/usr/share/doc/kamailio/modules/README.carrierroute.gz/usr/share/kamailio/dbtext/kamailio/carrier_name
/usr/share/kamailio/dbtext/kamailio/carrierfailureroute
/usr/share/kamailio/dbtext/kamailio/carrierroute

Here I show the version of carrierroute-modules. That's an distro package
name and the older 4.4.4 version (and that's why your install failed)

karsten at debian:~$ apt list -a kamailio-carrierroute-modules
Listing... Done
kamailio-carrierroute-modules/stable,stable 4.4.4-2+deb9u3 amd64

Finally the Kamailio version installed and all available.

karsten at debian:~$ apt list -a kamailio                Listing... Done
kamailio/unknown,now 5.2.3+stretch amd64 [installed]
kamailio/stable,stable 4.4.4-2+deb9u3 amd64

Hope it helps. Simply load the module and some corresponding dB backend and
you can go.

Cheers
Karsten