[SR-Users] Best practises for websocket authentication

Fatih ORHAN fatih.orhan at verimor.com.tr
Wed Jun 12 13:56:16 CEST 2019

Hello,

Websocket is a transport layer, you don't authenticate the client when
establishing a websocket connection (just like you don't do authentication
when establishing a UDP or TCP connection). You establish a websocket
connection first, then do authentication when client sends a  REGISTER or
INVITE message.

If you didn't setup UDP SIP messaging, I recommend doing that first to get
a feeling for how to configure kamailio. You can add websocket later.

Hope this helps.

Grant Bagdasarian <grantbagdasarian at gmail.com>, 23 Nis 2019 Sal, 23:04
tarihinde şunu yazdı:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there are any best practices for authenticating
> websocket connection establishment inside the xhttp event route?
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Grant

Saygılarımla / Regards,

*Fatih Orhan*