[SR-Users] [EXT] Re: Kamailio 5.2.2 ICSCF changing sip to tel

Woscek, Martin W. mwoscek at mitre.org
Tue Jun 11 12:51:53 CEST 2019

Daniel,

Actually, the HSS is not returning the uri with the +.  There are no users int the HSS database with a public ID with a + so the HSS returns the USER_UNKNOWN.

Looking at the PCAP, the I-CSCF sends a diameter msg to the HSS asking for the verification the public ID of:
Public-Identity: sip:+alice at ims522.irisims.org

The diameter msg from HSS is returning :
AVP: Experimental-Result-Code(298) l=12 f=-M- val=DIAMETER_ERROR_USER_UNKNOWN (5001)

Why do we want the I-CSCF to add a + to all URI's don't start with a +?

The I-CSCF is the module that is adding the +, assuming that we should be able to included Kamailio.cfg for respective modules, is there a directive or variable that I need to set?

Or do I simply comment out that code?

Thanks,

Martin Woscek
The MITRE Corp.