[SR-Users] Relay NAP Probing

Duarte Rocha duarterocha91 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:44:05 CEST 2019

Greetings,

I have a Kamailio as Sip Proxy between my clients and my Media gateway.

I have NAPs (One per client) for clients and NAPs for the MediaGateway (One
for each client).

The MediaGateway probes Kamailio in order to see if it's alive and Kamailio
probes clients.

However, i would like for the MediaGateway to be aware of the client
status.

I thought of a few solutions :

 - When Kamailio probes a client and it fails, both NAPs (Client Side and
MG side) could be set as inactive.

 - Automatically relay the MG probe to the client

 - Some scripting that reads the result of dispatcher.list and if it finds
an inactive NAP, set the MG NAP as inactive too.

 Is there a better/simpler way to do this? I'd rather have everything on
Kamailio configuration files instead of doing exatra scripting.

 Any opinions ? How can i achieve this?

 Best Regards,

 Duarte Rocha