[SR-Users] TCP reset behavior

R, Rajkumar (Raj) rajkumaradass at avaya.com
Thu Jun 6 18:53:20 CEST 2019

Hi All,

In our setup running kamailio (alpine image) in stateless mode and have following TCP config set. After client registers to the backend see two TCP connections created - one towards the client and the other towards the backendserver.  If there's a abrupt network disconnect either at the client side or at the backend side, do not see TCP reset happening from kamailio as per the config. Per below config expected after 120seconds( = [tcp_keepidle] + ( [tcp_keepintvl * tcp_keepcnt] ) instead it keeps resending TCP keepalive packets at varying intervals for varying duration length(like 6mins, 14mins..)  before resetting the TCP connections.  Also want to mention that we are not using TCPOPS module here.

I am trying to achieve consistent duration for TCP reset in kamailio. Could you please point me if I have missed anything here?

Setup:

Client ---- Kamailio (stateless mode) ---- Backend server

TCP Config:

tcp_connection_lifetime = 3600
tcp_accept_aliases = no
tcp_async = yes
tcp_connect_timeout = 10
tcp_crlf_ping = yes
tcp_keepalive = yes
tcp_keepcnt = 3
tcp_keepidle = 30
tcp_keepintvl = 30           # Total 2 mins - 30+(30*3)=120 sec
tcp_linger2 = 30
tcp_rd_buf_size = 65536
tcp_send_timeout = 10

thanks,