[SR-Users] Use dmq module with private and public IP addresses

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Tue Jun 4 16:46:59 CEST 2019

Hi Markus,

This is a bit an IP routing question, as Kamailio more or less just send the message out to the network stack.

Some ideas with iproute2:

- setup a default route to the public internet
- setup a more specific route for the dmq endpoint
- configure a timeout to detect if one gateway is down to deactivate the route

Another idea would be to enter a DNS record as dmq endpoint and then change it with a monitoring trigger event. Not 100% sure how dmq refresh this, will need some testing.

Cheers,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services