[SR-Users] Long distance rtpengine communication

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Fri Jul 12 21:58:27 CEST 2019

Hello Koray,

Is your problem is that TCP worker processes of Kamailio are blocked because of the communication with rtpengine? Or that the rtpengine is blocked because of the UDP packets loss?

If the first, one possible workaround would be to increase the number of worker processes. This would distribute the problem over more processes and causes less blocking in the processing. Why a decrease of the timeout would not help for you? This way Kamailio would faster detect and try again during eventual packet loss.

Cheers,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services