[SR-Users] How to statelessly send a reply to custom destination?

Karsten Horsmann khorsmann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 08:36:48 CEST 2019

Hi George,

i use something like that (shameless stolen from other configuration files
within request-route).

Thats for answering options to my internal kamailio.
But Alex Balashov wrote an nice blog poste about NAT/OPTION Pings
with kamailio:
http://www.evaristesys.com/blog/server-side-nat-traversal-with-kamailio-the-definitive-guide/

    ### only initial requests (no To tag)
    if (is_method("OPTIONS"))
    {
        if (uri=~"sip:.*[@]+.*")  {
            sl_send_reply("501", "Not Implemented");
        }
        else {
            options_reply();
            exit;
        }
    }

Cheers Karsten

Am Do., 4. Juli 2019 um 10:29 Uhr schrieb George Diamantopoulos <
georgediam at gmail.com>:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been trying to handle OPTIONS statelessly, but proper handling fails
> for UACs behind NAT without ALG. I thought I'd overcome this by setting the
> $du pseudovariable, but apparently I'm missing something. The following
> does not work:
>
>         if ($Rp == "6050") {
>             force_send_socket(udp:10.10.10.10:6050);
>         }
>         $du = "sip:" + $si + ":" + $sp;
>         sl_send_reply("200","OK");
>         exit;
>
> I'm now realising that I put this in request_route() so
> force_send_socket() and $du have no use whatsoever, since the request is
> not forwarded anywhere. Is this the reason?
>
> So the question is, how can I do the following things for a stateless
> reply: a) choose a sending socket for the reply and b) change the
> destination for the reply to something other than the URI in the first Via
> header.
>
> Thanks!
>
> BR,
> George