[SR-Users] people complain Kamailio not handling stale nonce correctly

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 23:15:41 CEST 2019

Henning: forgot about your remark: "And as Juha mentioned, it is also not
good from a security POV to keep sending the password hash again and again."

If I haven't missed something, Juha said it is not good to ask the user
again for introducing the password in the (soft)phone app. The hashed
response (with nonce, realm, password) has to be sent always over the
network, no matter the stale parameter value. So it is just the
inconvenience of the person to type the password, it doesn't impact at all
what is sent over the network.