[SR-Users] Kamailio OPTIONS Round-Trip

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Tue Jan 15 11:28:37 CET 2019

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 10:08:31PM +0300, Soltanici Ilie wrote:
> With Asterisk, we are able to get some peer round-trip connection statistic by setting qualify=yes for the specified peer.
> It sends periodic OPTIONS to the peer and calculates the time round trip time.
> It's something like - "Status: OK (30 ms)".
> Is there any way to achieve this in Kamailio by using nathelper??module, or any other?

I think the only way to do this is to make this yourself (tm). In your
favorite scripting language, query the locations and fire OPTIONS and
measure the time for a response (if any) on basis of the "random" callid
you create. If you route these requests through kamailio you will
prevent any NAT problems or connection with TCP endpoints.