[SR-Users] Best place to change mem settings

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Thu Jan 3 22:29:13 CET 2019

Am Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2019, 20:06:51 CET schrieb Duarte Rocha:
> As far as i can tell, i have 3 ways to permanently change the memory
> settings in Kamailio :
>
> /etc/init.d/kamailio , /etc/default/kamailio and src/core/config.h.
>
> What's the priority between them? If i have different values in all 3 of
> them, which one will be used? Which is one is the best to use reliably?
>
> I recently upgraded my Kamailio from 5.0 to 5.2 and i need 12Mb of PKG.
> Before starting the new version for the first time i changed the values in
> /etc/default and the memory error didn't go away. It only worked after i
> changed it in core/config.h and recompilled. After that, i started Kamailio
> and i could do the changes in /etc/default without any problem. Does this
> happen for a reason?

Hello,

one addition - the init and systemd service files just set the appropriate
startup variables:

~/repositories/kamailio/src> ./kamailio -h | grep mem
    -m nr        Size of shared memory allocated in Megabytes
    -M nr        Size of private memory allocated, in Megabytes
[..]

If you look to the kamailio.service systemd file, they can be also changed
there.

Best regards,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services