[SR-Users] Best place to change mem settings

Duarte Rocha duarterocha91 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:06:51 CET 2019

Greetings,

As far as i can tell, i have 3 ways to permanently change the memory
settings in Kamailio :

/etc/init.d/kamailio , /etc/default/kamailio and src/core/config.h.

What's the priority between them? If i have different values in all 3 of
them, which one will be used? Which is one is the best to use reliably?

I recently upgraded my Kamailio from 5.0 to 5.2 and i need 12Mb of PKG.
Before starting the new version for the first time i changed the values in
/etc/default and the memory error didn't go away. It only worked after i
changed it in core/config.h and recompilled. After that, i started Kamailio
and i could do the changes in /etc/default without any problem. Does this
happen for a reason?

Best Regards,

Duarte Rocha