[SR-Users] rtpengine in stateless kamailio

Yuriy Gorlichenko ovoshlook at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:45:17 CET 2019

Hi!
Happy new year to all!!!

Look like I am first in this year wit hthe questions in this list :-).

I'm using stateless kamailio and RTPengnine to build some kind of the
stateless cluster
I found that kamailio keeps some data  in the SHMEM in case of using
RTPengine module even if it is not a rtpengine_manage function but
offer/answer/delete

In this case if INVITE (offer) handled by 1-st kamailio in my cluster, and
BYE/CANCEL handled by second kamailio in the cluster - 1-st kamailio (which
has been used for offer) will hase kinda internal "memory leak" (in SHMEM
it never decrased)

At the rtpengine module source I found some transation dependencies for the
rtpengine_manage function but did not find for the offer/answer/delete
I supposed these 3 functions just sending requests to the rtpnegine with
keys and not storing anything

So my question - is it possible to use RTPengine module in stateless way to
avoid internal "memory leak" because in my scenario I have big chance never
receive  BYE/CANCEL on the machine that started handle particular call