[SR-Users] kamailio/asterisk no call with sound if use rtpproxy/rtpengine

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:03:30 CET 2019

hih thanks for your respond, but seems you dont paid attention to my
problem, with ports opened and redirected to pulbic ip with the AWS
firewalling (tech support) call have sound, but and later NAT traversal
with rtpproxy as i understand in simple we must have:
phone/caller-->[-->rtpproxy->kamailio->asterisk->kamailio->rtpproxy
-]->phone/dest
then there's no sound...

El jue., 28 de feb. de 2019 a la(s) 05:25, Daniel Tryba (d.tryba at pocos.nl)
escribió:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 04:04:45PM -0400, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> > N]OTE: the public ip are not a real interface in the kamailio/rtppropxy
> > machine, are provided by the service AWS at amazon! a NAT kind i guess!
> But how are you calling rtp(proxy|engine) from kamailio? I think you

what its the relation fo that question? i already said that use socket and
both are in same machine

> need to call rtpengine with the direction option to accomplish what you

so i use unix socket in the rtpproxy one,
later with when i changed to rtpengine i use that:

```
cat kamailio.cfg  | grep rtp
loadmodule "rtpengine.so"
modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_sock", "udp:127.0.0.1:22222")
        rtpengine_manage("co");
        rtpengine_manage("cor");
```
but if you are taking about what ip/interface we used the provided
internally:
```
cat kamailio.cfg  | grep listen
listen=udp:10.10.1.1:5060 advertise 200.1.1.1:5060
```

the eth0 reports ip 10.10.1.1 in kamailio server,
and AWS provide a kind of NAT with ip 200.1.1.1:5060