[SR-Users] Local Route blocks

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 10:16:41 CET 2019

Hello,

local_route was a short-living (well, I guess one year or so) name for
what is now event_route[tm:local-request]. It was then first extra-route
block added for the needs of a module, but it proved that more
modules/developers wanted that and we introduced event_route as a
generic name for the block, with inner name to define the purpose.

Adding a new route block name (like local_route, event_route) requires
to change the core. Now, adding a new event_route type, doesn't touch
the core, is only code in a specific module.

So you can ignore the LOCAL_ROUTE (probably we should remove them) from
docs, or consider as being valid for event_route[tm:local-request], but
most of the functions for REQUEST route can be used in event_route.

Kamailio World Conference - May 6-8, 2019 -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training - Mar 4-6, 2019 in Berlin; Mar 25-27, 2019, in Washington, DC, USA -- www.asipto.com