[SR-Users] SQlite in memory

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Feb 27 19:37:15 CET 2019

I would say the first step is to gauge the total velocity of any given
initial request through your config.

One way to do that is:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.2.x/modules/benchmark.html

But I prefer this approach:

route {
   $avp(proc_start) = $TV(Sn);

   if(is_method("INVITE")) {
       processing_etc();

        $var(cur_time) = $TV(Sn);

        $var(proc_diff) = (
               (((
                 $(var(cur_time){s.select,0,.}{s.int}) -
                 $(avp(proc_start){s.select,0,.}{s.int})
               ) * 1000000)
               +
               (
                $(var(cur_time){s.select,1,.}{s.int}) -
                $(avp(proc_start){s.select,1,.}{s.int})
               ) / 1000) mod 1000
       );

       xlog("L_INFO", "[$ci] Request processing delay: $var(proc_diff) ms\n");

       if(!t_relay())
           sl_reply_error();

       exit;
    }
}

I don't vouch for the precision/granularity of this timing scheme, but
it's good enough that it should tell you if your total request
processing volume is insane. Then you can move these breakpoints around
until you find which operation is actually so slow.

That said, I am not aware of any aspect by which Kamailio intrinsically
sends a 503 if it is overwhelmed with requests. It just drops
them/doesn't process.

-- Alex

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 06:35:46PM +0000, Duarte Rocha wrote:

> Ok, i reduced the number of processes and tried a few different values, but
> the performance hasn't changed a lot.
>
> How can i debug this and find the bottleneck in my system?
>
> A quarta, 27/02/2019, 17:56, Duarte Rocha <duarterocha91 at gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
> > Greetings Alex,
> >
> > At the moment i'm trying to debug some issues with the server and try some
> > solutions to see the impact.
> > With little load i'm getting some percentage of "503 Server Unavaliable"
> > errors from Kamailio. I made some testing without using database for
> > anything but Dispatcher and Accounting and the performance got way better.
> >
> > Right now, on this server, under as little as 20CPS Kamailio is returning
> > "503" on 1-2% of all calls. However, my CPU and Memory look like this:
> >
> > %Cpu(s): 20.3 us, 6.1 sy, 0.0 ni, 73.3 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.2 si, 0.2 st
> >

> > Memory :
> >
> >               total used free shared buff/cache available
> > Mem: 1830 1172 382 109 274 375
> > Swap: 819 49 770
> >
> > I have around 100 processes for Kamailio.
> >
> > Cheers

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)