[SR-Users] Kamailio stop to process incoming SIP traffic via TCP.

Kristijan Vrban vrban.lkml at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:53:13 CET 2019

Hi kamailios,

i have a creepy situation with v5.2.1 stable Kamilio. After a day or
so, Kamailio stop to process incoming SIP traffic via TCP. The
incoming TCP network packages get TCP-ACK from the OS (Debian 9,
4.18.0-15-generic-Linux) but Kamailio does not show any processing for
the SIP-Traffic incoming via TCP. No logs, nothing. While traffic via
UDP is working just totally fine.

When i look via command "netstat -ntp" is see, that the Recv-Q get
bigger and bigger. e.g.:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program
name tcp 4566 0 172.17.217.12:5060 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:57252 ESTABLISHED
31347/kamailio

After Kamailio restart, all is working fine again for a day. We have
maybe 10-20 devices online via TCP and low call volume (1-2 call per
minute). The only settings for tcp we have is "tcp_delayed_ack=no"

How to could we debug this situation? Again, no error, no warings in
the log. Just nothing.

Kristijan