[SR-Users] Kamailio behind NAT or With Public IP - Which one is highly recommended

YASIN CANER caner_yaso at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 07:10:46 CET 2019

Hello,

My suggestion is that stay away from NAT if you dont have to. various  sip client/Firewalls make out troubles for registration and invites,  even if Kamailio can handle it.  If you have a high load TLS connection / subscriber , I think you should use load balancer and NAT options.

For example;
1 - Load balancer like F5  that balancing your connection active-active Kamailios

UAC ----> F5 ------> Kamailio -1 (advertises public IP)

                    ------->  Kamailio -2 (advertises public IP)

2- Use kamailio as MultiHomed that convert transport layer to tcp/udp

UAC ---------> Kamailio(TLS-PUBLIC IP-mhomed) ------->  Kamailio-1(TCP/UDP)

                                                                                   ---------> Kamailio-2(TCP/UDP)

Good luck

Yasin CANER