[SR-Users] Kamailio behind NAT or With Public IP - Which one is highly recommended

Joel Serrano joel at textplus.com
Tue Feb 26 22:47:36 CET 2019

I second that. And to add to Henning's suggestion...

We recently tested that same setup, and we found one "thing": Using
advertise, you will need a second port (listen transport:ip:port) to talk
to internal servers that require you to *keep* the private IP. Otherwise
all outgoing request from that kamailio will have the IP replaced by
whatever the advertise says and that can mess up your internal routing.

Not an issue, as I said you can configure a second port, but just something
to know depending on what your setup is gong to look like.

Good luck!
Joel.