[SR-Users] Log/Alerts Volume

Brandon Armstead brandon at cryy.com
Thu Feb 14 23:23:47 CET 2019

I would also say - implement your own routing logic / info shaking data you
wish to make sense of, then change debug level to lower value, change debug
level higher when actually  reproducing and investigating a bug/issue.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 6:57 AM Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> maybe you can make some filtering based on the path of the files printing
> the error messages, so if you want to "ignore" parsing errors, then skip
> alerts what have "core/parser/" in the path.
>
> Otherwise, it is not that easy to add so many options to be able to
> control every errors/warnings/... when to print them.
>
> There could be also solutions to block traffic from devices sending broken
> SIP packages continuously/for long interval of time.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
> On 14.02.19 03:58, Daniel Greenwald wrote:
>
> Curious how other folks are dealing with the volume of logs that Kamailio
> generates. We are currently sending them to syslog and alerting on WARN and
> above but the amount of alert noise is unbearable. For example (there are
> many variations):
> ERROR: <core> [core/tcp_read.c:297]: tcp_read_data(): error reading:
> Connection reset by peer
> INVITE:WARNING: sanity [sanity.c:776]: check_parse_uris(): failed to parse
> From header
>  INVITE:ERROR: <core> [core/parser/parse_from.c:75]: parse_from_header(): b
> ad From header
>
> The fact that these are WARN/ERROR level and from core makes me wonder how
> we can possibly make alerts relevant. Any input would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel G

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla -- www.asipto.comwww.twitter.com/miconda -- www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
> Kamailio World Conference - May 6-8, 2019 -- www.kamailioworld.com