[SR-Users] Log/Alerts Volume

Daniel Greenwald dgreenwald at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 03:58:32 CET 2019

Curious how other folks are dealing with the volume of logs that Kamailio
generates. We are currently sending them to syslog and alerting on WARN and
above but the amount of alert noise is unbearable. For example (there are
many variations):
ERROR: <core> [core/tcp_read.c:297]: tcp_read_data(): error reading:
Connection reset by peer
INVITE:WARNING: sanity [sanity.c:776]: check_parse_uris(): failed to parse
>From header
 INVITE:ERROR: <core> [core/parser/parse_from.c:75]: parse_from_header(): b
ad From header

The fact that these are WARN/ERROR level and from core makes me wonder how
we can possibly make alerts relevant. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel G