[SR-Users] crash at 480 reply to INVITE

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Feb 13 22:24:50 CET 2019

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> replying to the initial message to have the backtrace easy to look at
> its content...
>
> The info locals in frame 0 show:
>
> uac = 0x0
>
> However, that is set few lines above as:
>
> uac=&t->uac[branch];
>
> An address of a variable (or field in a structure) cannot be null. Some
> something happened with the stack. Did the OS kept running smooth after
> this issue?

The OS is running smoothly all the time.  It is possible to ssh to the
host, take packet traces, etc. during Kamailio freeze.  This
freezing/recovery happens happening at the frequency of once in a few
days.

> So at this moment, either the core file was somehow corrupted/not
> properly dumped or kernel process supervizer did something wrong on
> resume after the freeze.

As I mentioned, the OS is running normally during Kamailio freeze.

> There are no safety checks that can be added. Maybe you can try to
> reproduce and see if the new corefile gives a different backtrace.

Crash has happened only once after the freeze.  I'll let you know if
another crash happends and dump becomes available.

Could this freezing be caused by same kind of thing as the rtpengine
non-availability freeze that you fixed in master?  If I remember
correctly, the fix was not backported to stable.

-- Juha