[SR-Users] Kamailio/Dispatcher failure routing to SRV record

Jesse Strahn jesse.strahn at waterfield.com
Wed Feb 13 17:03:52 CET 2019

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this as I am baffled.

I have a server running Kamailio with dispatcher. I am trying to direct calls from kamailio to an SRV record but am receiving a 404 error on the calls. If I instead place one of the hostnames from the SRV record in my dispatcher.list, the call completes fine.

Contents of dispatcher.list look like: 1 sip:bvr.production.instance:5060

Nslookup from the Kamailio server for SRV record:
nslookup -type=SRV _sip._udp.bvr.production.instance
Server:         10.0.0.2
Address:        10.0.0.2#53

Non-authoritative answer:
_sip._udp.bvr.production.instance       service = 1 10 5060 ip-10-100-79-143.production.instance.
_sip._udp.bvr.production.instance       service = 1 10 5060 ip-10-100-96-92.production.instance.

Again, if I put 1 sip: ip-10-100-96-92.production.instance:5060 into the dispatcher.list, the call routes fine.

Is there some configuration within Kamailio required to route to an SRV record in this way? I haven't found anything indicating that is the case. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse