[SR-Users] Programmatically modify SIP Requests/Responses in Kamailio

Filippos Vasilakis vasilakisfil at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:00:20 CET 2019

Hi,

First of all I would like to congratulate and thank everyone who has worked
in Kamailio. It looks like an awesome tool.

I am starting a side project and I am not very familiar with Kamailio
although I know SIP and VoIP in general, so I am more looking for answers
that tell me if it's possible or not what I am asking along with some hints
on how/where to look.

Is there a way to filter/forward/modify(through the headers) incoming SIP
requests and Kamailio SIP responses programmatically in Kamailio ? I have
seen that you can run embedded code like Ruby, but I wonder if this is for
simple things or more complex stuff which probably is in my case since
there will be plenty of business logic to figure out what action to take
with a SIP request. I have also found the EVAPI that is supposed to be
handle events through TCP but not much more info available.

So to sum up, is there a way to filter/forward/modify incoming SIP requests
and create responses programmatically in Kamailio ? If yes, what's the
proper way of doing that ? If no, any idea where I should look for that?

Thanks,
Filippos