[SR-Users] Waiting for calls

Mark Hall mark at brightvoip.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 21:17:58 CET 2019

Hi,

I am using Kamailio as a gateway for inbound calls to a group of Asterisk
servers.

One particular call scenario involves matching pairs of calls. Originally I
was just sending the calls through to Asterisk for processing (including the
'matching up'), but there is a further requirement that the first received
call must not be answered until its matching call arrives - and this is a
little awkward in Asterisk, especially if there will be many calls.

I thought of t_suspend/t_continue functionality in Kamailio.  I have
implemented this:

CallA arrives.

Send 180-ringing

Use ds_select_dst() to choose an Asterisk to handle the paired calls

Store destination and other data in an htable so that I can match the call
later.

Invoke t_suspend() for CallA.

What I have implemented when the matching call arrives is this:

CallB arrives (and some logic matches it to the suspended CallA).

Invoke t_continue('id','label','CONTINUE_CALL'); so that CallA is now
released and the route ends in t_relay() to send it on to Asterisk.

Set $du on CallB to match the destination, then t_relay() this call to send
it on to the same Asterisk.

The solution almost works, but there is a problem.

The t_relay() for CallA is fine, and the call is forwarded.

When the script runs the t_relay() for CallB, I get this logged:
ERROR: tm [t_fwd.c:1728]: t_forward_nonack(): no branches for forwarding

ERROR: sl [sl_funcs.c:362]: sl_reply_error(): stateless error reply used:
I'm terribly sorry, server error occurred (6/SL)

AND after each call I notice an extra transaction stuck in Kamailio (when I
use kamctl rpc tm.list).

Can anyone point out where my Kamailio/SIP understanding has let me down?

Many Thanks,

Mark Hall