[SR-Users] Kamailio failure routing to SRV Record

Jesse Strahn jesse.strahn at waterfield.com
Mon Feb 4 16:56:30 CET 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to route requests from Kamailio to a private SRV record in AWS Route 53. If I setup the record as an A record and put the 3 destination sip server IPs in the record, Kamailio routes perfectly round-robinning between the 3 servers. However, If I switch my dispatcher.list over to the SRV record, the calls do not route and I get a 404 No Destination in my pcap. When I perform a `dig _sip._udp.pool.sip.servers` from the Kamailio server, it properly returns the hostnames of the 3 sip servers that the SRV record points to.

I'm not sure if something in the Kamailio routing has to be changed to accommodate SRV record routing rather than A record? I have scoured the internet and can't really find much of anything. Would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,
Jesse