[SR-Users] TLS testing (with sipp)

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Thu Dec 19 15:19:13 CET 2019

Hi Julien,

I had been thinking quite a while before posting it here, and maybe I
shouldn't have mentioned the sipp SSL error. But I thought, end2end
testing of kamailio setups could be of general interest from a
Kamailio user point of view. And I hoped to get suggestions on how to
do it.

Thanks for the link to voip_patrol. I'm already playing with it. Still
stuck with needing a client certificate, though. I shouldn't need that
for a client, I'd think. But I'll try my best.

Regards,
Sebastian

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 7:31 PM Julien Chavanton <jchavanton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastian, this is off topic for the Kamailio mailing list.
>
> You can use Voip_patrol :
> https://github.com/jchavanton/voip_patrol
>
> Once you have your certificate, key and ca_list in default location
> ./voip_patrol -c ./xml/tls.xml
>
> [18:24:51.800][INFO] main: TLS tcfg.tlsConfig.ca_list      :tls/ca_list.pem
> [18:24:51.800][INFO] main: TLS tcfg.tlsConfig.certFile     :tls/certificate.pem
> [18:24:51.800][INFO] main: TLS tcfg.tlsConfig.privKeyFile  :tls/key.pem
>
> tls.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <config>
>     <actions>
>         <action type="register" transport="tls" expected_cause_code="200" username="VP_ENV_USERNAME" password="VP_ENV_PASSWORD" realm="domain.com" registrar="ep.domain.com"/>
>         <action type="wait" complete/>
>         <action type="accept" account="VP_ENV_USERNAME" max_duration="20" hangup="5"/>
>         <action type="call"  transport="tls"
>             wait_until="3" expected_cause_code="200"
>             caller="12062349971 at 1.1.1.1" callee="12012343238 at ep.domain.com" max_duration="15" hangup="5"
>             username="VP_ENV_USERNAME" password="VP_ENV_PASSWORD" realm="domain.com"
>         />
>         <action type="wait" complete/>
>     </actions>
> </config>
>
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 8:34 AM Sebastian Damm <damm at sipgate.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to construct an end-to-end encrypted signalling test
>> through our setup. I thought I could use sipp for that, as it supports
>> TLS according to the man page. However, when I try to run it, I get
>> this error:
>>
>> FI_init_ssl_context: SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file failed.
>>
>> I searched the web; however, all similar questions end up without
>> answers. I tried specifying a local key and cert without success. I'd
>> think I should not need a cert for my client, though.
>>
>> Has anyone ever successfully conducted an automated TLS test? I'm open
>> to using a different tool if necessary.
>>
>> Thanks for all hints or examples.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sebastian