[SR-Users] possible TCP deadlock (tls again?) // pike module not releasing IPs

Aymeric Moizard amoizard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 09:22:08 CET 2019

Hi Daniel,

Tks a lot for lookint at it.

$ ldd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kamailio/modules/tls.so
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fff997dd000)
        libssl.so.1.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.1
(0x00007fe40b53c000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007fe40b19d000)
        libcrypto.so.1.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.1
(0x00007fe40ad03000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007fe40aaff000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
(0x00007fe40a8e2000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fe40ba4a000)

$ /usr/sbin/kamailio -I
Print out of kamailio internals
  Version: kamailio 5.3.1 (x86_64/linux)
  Default config: /etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg
  Default paths to modules: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kamailio/modules
  Compile flags: USE_TCP, USE_TLS, USE_SCTP, TLS_HOOKS, USE_RAW_SOCKS,
DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, Q_MALLOC,
F_MALLOC, TLSF_MALLOC, DBG_SR_MEMORY, USE_FUTEX, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT,
USE_DNS_CACHE, USE_DNS_FAILOVER, USE_NAPTR, USE_DST_BLACKLIST,
HAVE_RESOLV_RES
  MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE=262144
  MAX_URI_SIZE=1024
  BUF_SIZE=65535
  DEFAULT PKG_SIZE=8MB
  DEFAULT SHM_SIZE=64MB
  ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024
  TCP poll methods: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select
  Source code revision ID: unknown
  Compiled with: gcc 6.3.0
  Compiled architecture: x86_64
  Compiled on:
Thank you for flying kamailio!

Additional note:
I have tried to better understand the pike module and after reading the
"end" of the module documentation,
I do better understand the "Tree of IP" and settings.

The pike documentation, for each settins and description, should refer to
the section "Chapter 3. Developer Guide",
otherwise, the parameters cannot be understood. Also, it's not possible to
understand, according to me, the real time
for removing an IP from the tree (removing it 100% or only last node of IP)

Looking again at my statistics, I feel the first graph is definitly showing
an issue.  This graph is showing
"$stat(location-users)" and "$stat(location-contacts)". During the 10
hours, many users are banned, unregistred, etc..
so it is really not expected that the number of registred users is
maintained. From what I understand, the fact
that the stats went down when deadlock dissapeared obviouly means kamailio
threads was in a bad state for the
last 10 hours...

https://www.antisip.com/sip-antisip-com-register/status2.htm

If you need more information, let me know...
Regards
Aymeric

--
Antisip - http://www.antisip.com