[SR-Users] Kamailio delayed reponse in case of database load

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Dec 12 15:47:06 CET 2019

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 02:39:03PM +0000, Ali Taher wrote:

> Thanks Alex for drawing my attention regarding escaping $rU before
> using it in sql queries. But I'm not sure where to use sql.val in this
> case ? Do you mean I can use either {s.escape.common} or {sql.val} ?

I think either one works for this case, and I use {s.escape.common}
myself and am comfortable with that, but {sql.val} is the one that is
_specifically_ contemplated for SQL injection prevention.

> Regarding the 100 trying , should I put modparam("tm",
> "auto_inv_100_reason", "Trying") in the beginning of if
> (is_method("INVITE"))   block ?

Well, let's take a step back. Are you creating any transactions? If not,
TM settings are irrelevant.

In more typical uses of Kamailio, a "100 Trying" is sent when a TM
transaction is created, which is most typically upon t_relay().

However, with a redirect server, you're not doing any relaying, and most
likely not creating any transactions anyway; simple data query replies
via redirect are usually--and prudently--stateless.

So, a simple

   sl_send_reply("100", "Trying");

will do.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)