[SR-Users] kamailio+asterisk VoiceMail implementation

Anthony Joseph Messina amessina at messinet.com
Thu Aug 29 00:23:11 CEST 2019

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:37:43 AM CDT Zhan Bazarov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what's best practice for VoiceMail implementation in Kamailio+Asterisk's
> scheme?
>
> should I forward register into asterisk? Or I can keep register on
> kamailio?
> Could you, please, shed any lights on this

I register users in Kamailio, forwarding INVITEs to Voicemail in Asterisk as
necessary.  Asterisk doesn't natively PUBLISH mwi to Kamailio, so I use the
script as detailed here [1] and Asterisk's externnotify capability to generate
the PUBLISH in Kamailio.

I don't know if that's "best practice" but I don't want Asterisk involved in
every call so I don't have every endpoint registered through to Asterisk.

[1]: https://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/sr-users/2019-February/104699.html

--
Anthony - https://messinet.com
F9B6 560E 68EA 037D 8C3D  D1C9 FF31 3BDB D9D8 99B6