[SR-Users] Define properly IP in record-route header

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Aug 27 20:53:34 CEST 2019

I can see the temptation, but that’s actually looking at it backwards.

If you have multiple listeners, e.g.

listen=udp:x.x.x.x:5060
listen=udp:y.y.y.y:5060

or multiple listeners on the same interface with multiple ports, if it’s NAT’d AWS-style, e.g.

listen=udp:x.x.x.x:5060
listen=udp:x.x.x.x:5080 advertise “y.y.y.y:5080”

you can steer the traffic by manipulating the $fs pseudovar:

https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.2.x/pseudovariables#fs_-_forced_socket

or, in the case of bridging between two disparate networks as formerly, just make use of automated outgoing interface discovery behaviour:

https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.2.x/core#mhomed

Assuming you have the ‘enable_double_rr’ parameter enabled, which you should:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.2.x/modules/rr.html#rr.p.enable_double_rr

you will find that the Record-Route headers automatically contain the correct ingress and egress listener addresses in the right directions at the right times, and you don’t need to do any byzantine management of their content. :-)

—
Sent from mobile, with due apologies for brevity and errors.