[SR-Users] Dispatcher - FQDN with multiple IPs

Sergiu Pojoga pojogas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:56:16 CEST 2019

May be I didn't provide sufficient details, so I'll elaborate.

I'd like Kamailio to 'talk' to only known dispatcher gateways, so in the
REQINIT route I do:

route[REQINIT] {
# Silently drop requests from unknown gateways, very strict mode
if(!ds_is_from_list()) {
   xlog("L_ALERT","blocking $rm request from unknown gateway, UA=<$ua>,
IP=$si:$sp\n");
exit;
}

Now, after dispatching a call to some carrier who's gateway address is a
FQDN that resolves into multiple IP addresses, when an in-dialog request
like BYE or re-Invite from the downstream carriers arrives,
ds_is_from_list() returns false and the request gets silently ignored as
indicated in the above route block.

Is that the expected behavior of ds_is_from_list() function?

Thanks,
--Sergiu