[SR-Users] Kamailio DRA - Unable to get diameter_request() function to send

Nick Jones nick at nickvsnetworking.com
Sat Aug 10 12:56:06 CEST 2019

Hi Kamailio users,
I'm trying to setup Kamailio as a Diameter Routing Agent, but I just can't
seem to get the diameter_request() function to actually send a diameter
request, I just get a warning about no JSON Response:
*WARNING: ims_diameter_server [avp_helper.c:341]: addAVPsfromJSON(): No
JSON Response*

Inside my event route I've got one line to send the data to the peer
"ims-hss.localdomain":

*event_route[diameter:request]{
diameter_request("ims-hss.localdomain", $diameter_application,
$diameter_command, $diameter_request);      xlog("Forwarded Diameter
Request");}*

Hard as I try I can't seem to get this request forwarded to this peer and
see that next xlog() line.
In the config file I've included the cdp_check_peer & cdp_has_app checks to
confirm the peer is up, and able to accept the request, (full config in
pastebin below)
I've defined the peers in the diametercfg.xml config file, and they're all
showing as online when I do a "kamcmd cdp.list_peers":

*                FQDN: ims-hss.localdomain                Details: {
                State: I_Open                        Disabled: False
                Last used: 0                        Applications: {
                        appid:vendorid: 16777216:10415
          appid:vendorid: 16777216:4491
appid:vendorid: 16777216:13019
appid:vendorid: 16777216:0                                appid:vendorid:
16777217:10415                                appid:vendorid:
16777221:10415                        }                }*
The source of avp_helper.c shows the warning is called if the length of the
JSON is <= 0, but as I'm feeding back out what I've received it's not 0, an
no recent major changes to the source, so I'm stumped as to why it's
catching this.

I'm running Kamailio 5.1.2 on Ubuntu 18.04 installed from Repos.
Full Kamailio Config: https://pastebin.com/afgqUfWr
Diameter CDP Config XML: https://pastebin.com/bVrBG8mG
Relevant Syslog: https://pastebin.com/ZY8z2kd4
Kamcmd cdp.list_peers: https://pastebin.com/cKi4JAHC