[SR-Users] The domain module in 5.1.8 has a memory leak

Mack Hendricks mack at dopensource.com
Sun Aug 4 19:49:06 CEST 2019

Based on my tests, the memory leak is only exposed when you are using
domain attributes, which are stored in the domain_attrs table.  I wanted to
see if anymore else is running into this issue.

*Reproducible use case:*

1) Insert the following into the database

insert into domain values (null,"aprilco.com","aprilco.com",now());
insert into domain_attrs values (null,"aprilco.com","pbx_type",0,"0",now());
insert into domain_attrs values (null,"aprilco.com","pbx_id",0,"65",now());

2) Open a new terminal window and execute:

watch "kamcmd core.shmmem"

3) Open up another terminal windows and execute:

while true; do kamcmd domain.reload; done

*Expected Results:*

You will see the shared memory being allocated, but never freed.  The more
entries you have in the domain_attrs table, the faster it will run out of
memory.

Thanks,

*Mack Hendricks / Head of Support / dOpenSource*
web: http://dopensource.com
support: +888-907-2085
dSIPRouter <http://dsiprouter.org/> - GUI focused on implementing Kamailio
to provide SIP Trunking and PBX Hosting Services