[SR-Users] lost sip messages

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Fri Aug 2 10:00:56 CEST 2019

Hello Jay,

maybe this is interesting for you:

https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.2.x/core#latency_limit_db

You can log an error message if a DB operation from Kamailio takes a long time.

Cheers,

Henning

Am 02.08.19 um 01:52 schrieb jay binks:
Firstly, thankyou for fixing my missing subject... oops :(

is the traffic sent over UDP?

Yes the traffic is UDP, but im 100% sure the traffic arrived at the server ( verified by TCPDump on the server ).

Can you look with netstat and see if the receiving queue for the socket of kamailio is buffering data?

 Sure, to avoid confusion, can you point me in the right direction here, as im not familiar with this metric.

What is the operating system? Do you have contrack (kernel module) or selinux enabled in the system?

Debian 9, on a dual Xeon(R) Silver 4114 CPU @ 2.20GHz ( 40 cores ).
32 gig of ram,  GigE NIC.
No Selinux
following contract modules are loaded :
nf_conntrack_ipv6      20480  1
nf_defrag_ipv6         20480  1 nf_conntrack_ipv6
nf_conntrack_ipv4      16384  1
nf_defrag_ipv4         16384  1 nf_conntrack_ipv4
xt_conntrack           16384  2
nf_conntrack          114688  3 nf_conntrack_ipv6,nf_conntrack_ipv4,xt_conntrack
x_tables               36864  11 xt_comment,xt_multiport,ipt_REJECT,iptable_mangle,ip_tables,iptable_filter,ip6t_REJECT,ip6table_filter,xt_DSCP,xt_conntrack,ip6_tables

Verify also that you don't have pike module enabled with a low rate limit.

I have removed pike, and replicated without pike loaded.

Just for clarity sake, adding more workers 100% fixed the issue.
What im really seeking is a way to monitor for this scenario so I can graph it and not get caught out by surprise.

In the last day or 2, ive found that some of the DB Queries in my kam config were taking longer than they should ( for a few reasons ), so this will be a largly contributing factor, however ... it still comes back to, how do I monitor for packets being dropped because there was no worker.

Thanks all

Jay