[SR-Users] Slowly increasing PKG memory usage

Andrew White andrew at uconnected.com.au
Thu Aug 1 03:43:10 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I had a Kamailio crash the other day, and some debugging showed I ran out of PKG memory.

Since then I’ve run a simple bash script to compile the amount of memory used by all child processes, effective /usr/local/sbin/kamcmd pkg.stats | grep real_used summed together. I’ve graphed out the data, and there’s a clear growth of PKG memory going on, mostly increasing during our busier daytime hours.

https://i.imgur.com/UTzx2k1.png

Based on this, I suspect either a module loaded or something within my app_ruby conf is leaking memory.

I’ve been reading through https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/troubleshooting/memory <https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/troubleshooting/memory>, but I’m a bit nervous, as I’m not really a C/deep memory type of guy. I can see a GDB script I can attach to Kamailio, but is that going to use significant resources to run or impact the running process? Is there a newer/better/alternative way to do this, and to help me break this down?

Thanks!

Andrew