[SR-Users] Next hop of reply, in onreply_route

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Apr 30 18:09:19 CEST 2019

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 09:09:50PM +0500, Arsen wrote:

> What about handling Via header with selects?

Possible, just a bit too forensic. Wondered if there was a high-level PV
I missed.

The way I am currently handling this problem is by setting an AVP with
the transport on which the transaction-forming request was received, the
figuring being that this allows me to process the reply as though it
will be headed back down that same transport in the end.

But this, too, seems a little too high-coupled for my tastes. I need
transaction data anyway, but otherwise prefer to operate as statelessly
as possible; it's just a good principle of software engineering IMHO.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)