[SR-Users] listening at link local IPv6 address

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 16:59:54 CEST 2019

OK, thanks for testing and feedback.

I thought that maybe we should also add a way to specify the interface
name via config, like full specs for listen to be:

listen=proto:ip:port iface xyz advertise ...

'iface' being a reserved token, similar to 'advertise'. In this way we
can avoid looping via all interfaces and cope with the case of virtual
interfaces sharing same ip (iirc, it was mentioned in one of the
messages on this discussion thread).

The parameter bind_ipv6_link_local is still useful, at least for
auto_bind_ipv6=1.

Speaking of that, can someone test with both:

auto_bind_ipv6=1

bind_ipv6_link_local=1

And see if kamailio listen on all available IPv6 addresses, including
the link local ones?

Kamailio World Conference - May 6-8, 2019 -- www.kamailioworld.com