[SR-Users] Microsoft Direct Routing Assistance And Kamailio Integration

Phillip Cooper kamailio-sr-users at phillip-cooper.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 22:19:28 CEST 2019

Hi All,
I am looking for some assistance on setting up Microsoft Direct Routing
with Kamailio as an SBC. I have a partial config working, I have rewrote
the headers going to Direct routing and can place calls in to and out of
Direct routing. I have problems with Call hang ups and choppy audio only
on the audio stream from Direct Routing. 1) place a call in to direct
routing, Hang the call up from the caller and Direct routing hangs up
the call. But If you place a call in to Direct routing and hang up the
call from direct routing the direct routing hangs up but the call is
still active on the caller. IF you call from direct routing through
kamailio to a callee and hang up from direct routing the call is hung up
correctly. 2) on some calls made to or from direct routing, the audio
stream coming from direct routing is sometimes choppy. Its always the
audio from direct routing never the audio going to direct routing. My
set up: Asterisk <-> Kamailio <-> Direct Routing SIP: Asterisk <->
Kamailio <-> direct routing RTP: Asterisk <-> Direct Routing Kamailio is
rewriting the R-URI, TO, FROM, Contact headers going to Direct routing,
as Microsoft need the sbc hostname to be in the contact header in a
particular format. I am looking for help on the above or if someone
would be kind enough to provide a working config that would be awesome!
:) Many Thanks in advance for assistance. :) Phil

---
https://www.avg.com