[SR-Users] VRF routing with kamailio 5.2

Jonathan Hunter hunterj91 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 10:41:54 CEST 2019

Hi All,

Hope everyone in community is well.

I was wondering if anyone could let me know if VRF is supported with kamailio 5.2 ?

Essentially I am looking to put kamailio between two SBCs and bridge the networks together.

So currently Server A 1.1.1.1 connects to Server B 2.2.2.2 and they pass calls fine, and I want to add kamailio in between without changing any IPs, so using VRF I have one network interface intA with 1.1.1.1 and the other intB with 2.2.2.2.

What I want to do is listen on both interfaces, which is fine but bridge or force traffic between the two.

Is this possible with kamailio?  As doing force socket and listening on both 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 kamailio just loops and routes to itself, and force socket doesnt help.

Do you have any suggestions?

Would running two instances of kamailio on same server help or even introducing to separate kamailio instances and force routing between the two for requests.

I am currently just testing with SIP OPTIONS and it is already proving tricky.

Any help or comments appreciated.

I appreciate this might not be the best solution however we have a lead time with providers to make changes which are proving quite slow and impractical so just trying to work a solution.

Thanks

Jon