[SR-Users] registrar lookup with different URI

Maarten Ureel maarten at youreal.eu
Sun Sep 30 13:09:32 CEST 2018

Hello

I want the registar module to lookup a user with a different 'name' as the RURI.

We have the extension & domain in variables, but the RURI is ext at ip-of-server, e.g. 200 at 1.1.1.1<mailto:200 at 1.1.1.1>, while we want to perform the lookup for 200 at somedomain.tld<mailto:200 at somedomain.tld>. We have somedomain.tld in a header, so we have it in a variable.

However, if we perform the lookup like this (using Python module):
lookup_result = KSR.registrar.lookup('location')
We get a negative result, and the debug logs show that it tries to locate 200 at 1.1.1.1<mailto:200 at 1.1.1.1> - which makes sense.
So according to docs you can specify an URI, however when I do this:

lookup_result = KSR.registrar.lookup('location' '200 at somedomain.tld')
lookup_result is "False" and the function is not executed, according to docs because it cannot obtain the parameters for this function.

How can we force the registrar module to lookup a different user?