[SR-Users] subst_hf to rewrite a contact header

Federico Cabiddu federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:50:33 CEST 2018

Hi,
first of all you definitely do not want to put the contact received in the
INVITE in the 200 OK, since you will, in the best case generate a loop of
the UAC sending the ACK to itself.
About having to call msg_apply_changes this comes probably by the fact that
you've already manipulated the header with  fix_nated_contact(). Due to
kamailio's internals you cannot change the headers twice in a row without
invoking msg_apply_changes().
For your main problem with the ACK, I'd rather look at the Record-Route. I
see in the 200 OK that Record-Route has a private IP. Unless the caller is
on the same network or on a network that can communicate with your server,
you need to have there a public address (or a double Record-Route if your
server is running on two interfaces).
Have a look at "advertise" parameter of listen directive and to
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/rr.html#rr.p.enable_double_rr
.

Best regards,

Federico