[SR-Users] create domain "on the fly" in registrar modukle

Maarten Ureel maarten at youreal.eu
Wed Sep 26 17:27:24 CEST 2018

I'm building a setup with FreeSWITCH and Kamailio 5.2 but I'm having troubles in handling the registrations for multiple domains.

So far I have in my config these related settings:

# Disable database completely
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 0)
# Take domain into account when saving
modparam("usrloc", "use_domain", 1)
# Preload location table
modparam("usrloc", "preload", "location")

I'm using the app_python module; when performing the registrar save like this:

KSR.registrar.save(KSR.pv.get('$fd'), 1)

It fails, the debug shows that it cannot find the domain that the SIP user has here.

When I use:

KSR.registrar.save('location', 1)

The phone registers just fine; however I'm bothered by the fact that the documentation states that you should specify the domain as a parameter. Is it OK if everything is in one 'location' domain? How can I let Kamailio know what domains exist (where does Kamailio get this information from)? We have a unique domain for every customer, like g123.ctx.ourcompany.tld.

Kind regards
Maarten Ureel