[SR-Users] Where does location ruid come from?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:29:05 CEST 2018

Hello,

that's generated internally, based on some attributes such as pid,
startup timestamp, counter... If you ahave many kamailio instances
writing to same db, then you have to set server_id global parameter so
it is used in ruid and avoids some (very rare) potential conflicts.

If it is a single kamailio instance, then maybe a db operation failed in
the middle (e.g., when it was a restart of db server) and the state in
memory is not sync'ed with the db. You can remove the record from db.

I also pushed small patches to register/usrloc to use a safer version of
ruid generation on a single instance, to cover cases when someone forks
its own processes (not via kamailio code).

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 12-14, 2018, in Berlin -- www.asipto.com