[SR-Users] Python KEMI performance

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Thu Sep 13 22:02:15 CEST 2018

Am Donnerstag, 13. September 2018, 18:23:25 CEST schrieb Aleksandar Sosic:
> is there anyone here that has done a performance testing measurements
> between native kamailio config file and full python kemi instance of
> kamailio?
>
> I've read somewhere that the python kemi code was 30% slower. Why is
> that and are there any plans on trying to improve the performance of
> python kemi?

Hello Aleksandar,

have a look to this talk from Daniel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp3TZkcpFUQ

Python is slightly slower because it needs a dynamic object during the cfg
execution. But with today fast and many CPU cores in a server, I don't think
that should be an issue in a real-world deployment.

The 30% slower is just for the pure configuration execution. The overall
capacity of a Kamailio server depends normally more on the I/O performance
(database, network..) than of CPU capacity.

So my expectation would be that you see in a normal proxy or registrar
configuration maybe a few percent more CPU load, in many cases it should be
not really noticeable.

Best regards,

Henning

--