[SR-Users] Via header line missing

Karlheinz Knapp kknapp66 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:27:30 CEST 2018

Hi,

hm.... the only reason why I'm playing with kamailio is that it should be
able to translate IPv6 from customer phones behind Fritz!Box (NAT) to IPv4
used by the provider (which is not able to handle IPv6).
But it looks that he accept in general the packet with 2 Via lines (also
with IPv6 as address) and send a normal reply. The second Via is not
needed, because he have to send to the first Via.
And if it really comes to trouble, I can remove it with kamailio :)

If it is not possible to make a complete translation with kamailio, then I
have to search again for an other solution.

But still: why is this one Via line not transmitted on the IPv6 side?
Only when I do some modifications it appears magically. That's not a normal
behaviour in my opinion.

If you or Henning can not reproduce this behaviour, then it's possible that
I start TeamViewer
and I can show this on our installation (only at normal working hours).
Btw. I use sngrep to display all the messages, but it works stable and
reliable.

Best regards,
i.A. Bernd