[SR-Users] Via header line missing

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Wed Sep 5 21:17:09 CEST 2018

Am Mittwoch, 5. September 2018, 17:43:34 CEST schrieb Karlheinz Knapp:
> we want to use kamailio as a IPv6 to IPv4 proxy.
> IPv4 to IPv4 bridging with NAT works.
>
> If we come from an IPv6 address, the registration packet is send via IPv4
> to the provider.
> He answers with 401 Unauthorized and one Via line in the header.
> On the IPv6 side was no Via line in the packet.

Hello Karlheinz,

so I think you are using the 3.x tutorial from:

https://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:kamailio-mixed-ipv4-ipv6

This is indeed a bit old, but should mostly apply to today versions.

Have you added the IPv6 address to the listen statement in your cfg?

> So I tried to add one line by hand using an onreply_route and append_hf(),
> msg_apply_changes()
> To my suprise, this line does never appear, but the original Via line is
> now in the packet !!!
> If I add now additional Via header lines, they appear in the packet too.

You should not need to manually add a Via header to a message, Kamailio should
take care of this if its properly setup.

Can you post a bit more details about the SIP message that you see on the net?

> This looks realy like a bug to me.
>
> A solution is needed, because the phone does not respond to the 401 with
> user and password.
> It starts a new registration instead.
>
> Maybe I can fix it with my additional Via linem but I need the original
> branch ID (I think)
> How can I get this?
>
> Btw. we have this behaviour with 4.4.2 and 5.1.5
>
> If I get no answer during the next 12 hours I'll try 3.3.7

My suggestion is to not use 3.x anymore especially in a new setup, even 4.x is
out of maintenance and contain know security issues. It will also not get you
a faster answer an a free support list. ;-)

Best regards,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt