[SR-Users] SCA: sca_call_info_bye_handler: no in-use callee appearance for BYE

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:28:53 CEST 2018

Hi All,

I've just started playing with the SCA module and am encountering an
issue whereby SCA cannot seem to find an in-use appearance for the BYE
message.

 From my limited understanding of SCA, the module, in this case, appears
to be trying to track the state of the call using callid as there are no
call-info headers in the signalling for it to extract and use.

I call sca_call_info_update() for initial invite, 100 response, 180
response, 200 response and again for the terminating bye.

When I answer the call, at the 200 ok for the initial invite, I can see
sca sending a notify to the subscribed devices indicating appearance
state being active. I can verify this with kamcmd sca.all_appearances.

However, when I hang up the call, when sca_call_info_update() is fired
for the bye message it fails with the following error message:

sca [sca_call_info.c:1587]: sca_call_info_bye_handler():
sca_call_info_bye_handler: no in-use callee appearance for BYE <aor>
from <from uri>, call-ID 7989c223-2ba4-1237-1888-20474786734e

I cannot seem to track down where this is failing for me, or where I may
be missing something in my configuration. sca.all_appearances does
appear to have the entry mentioned in the failure message, there must be
something I'm missing somewhere.

Is there anyone out there who is using the sca module and may have a
moment to assist with this issue.

I have a pcap trace that I can send privately.

Thanks